I feel like a bad blogger so I wanted to do a little PSA. I try to not share too much personal because I run a book blog. You all come to see what books are coming out or on sale, or get a recommendation. But sometimes life effects blogging and I have to say something.
A little over a month ago, I made a big life change. Early this year, my job in Chicago confirmed that there would be no opportunity to advance for at least another year and most likely not for 2 years. As much I loved my job, I felt like I couldn’t be stagnant for that long. I found an amazing opportunity to break into the pharmaceutical industry but the job was in SW Michigan. So I took a chance and I made the move.
I clearly thought too highly of my abilities because I thought I could just continue everything on the blog full stream ahead. I had multiple read-alongs planned, tons of reviews to do, graphics to make…and the universe had other plans for me.
- The first week and a half I was in Mi, I was beyond ill with a stomach bug. I didn’t have any solid food for about a week and it ran me into the ground. It took a good 3 weeks to get back to normal.
- I started the new job and it’s way more regimented than my last job so I lost my hour long lunches where I could make images and do posts.
- I had set up back in Nov to co host the after party for Roanoke Author Invasion. It became really clear the closer we got to the event that only 2 of us were making an effort. So I had a lot of last minute work for that that wasn’t expected.
- I came home from Roanoke with an eye infection.
- And…I’m so graceful I managed to burn myself while making tea this week. So just as everything was straightening out, I’ve now got a patch of skin about 3×4 that’s a second degree burn with an inch of first degree burn around it.
Sometimes the saying “when it rains, it pours” really does hold true.
I always like to find a silver lining though. I actually shared with some of the authors I’m close to at the signing that I felt like I wasn’t doing enough. Basically I’m floundering. And they were reassuring of my work amd my worth. It made me remember why I started doing this. I want to get back on track and push out posts you all are going to love.
For the rest of the month, I am going take a hiatus of sorts. I will still be posting all your fun days and actually have an idea for Thursdays. But reviews are going to come as they come. I have a lot I’d like to share with you as I can get them written. I’m going to get my read-alongs straightened out and on track. And I’m going to get a couple weeks of blogging ahead done so that this won’t be a stressful thing moving forward.
I thank you all for your continued support of my blog and of me. So many of you have become friends and it’s an awesome adventure to share with all of you.